sábado, 12 de enero de 2013

Declaration of intentions - 1st Week



Over the coming weeks I shall be completing the practical part of this year’s course at Torre Barona.

I applied for this Primary school originally because it has a good reputation in the community as a wholesome and engaging Primary school. Also they take part into the Commenius Project.

My primary purpose there will be to observe and improve my teaching technique.

Within the month I am there I intend to:

  1. Professionally develop myself as a teacher. 
  2. Use my allocated teaching time to test the deployment of my planned classes. 
  3.  To build on my previous teaching experience from Kitwell Primary School and Nursery Class in Birmingham and Jacint Verdaguer Primary school in Castelldefels.

In Kitwell I’ve noticed that the teacher Mr. Davids was able to make the changes between subjects flow very naturally but taking what they have previously been talking about or studying and moving it in the direction of what he wished to study, for example, he once invented a fancy story about himself becoming a werewolf as a way to capture the students' attention before a class about the phases of the moon. 

I wish to be able to do the same. 

As it is going to be the second time I will have taught in English in a primary school I do not feel at all nervous, and instead feel only excitement.

1 comentario:

  1. Thanks for this Judit. Could you be a bit more explicit about how exactly you would like to build on your Kitwell primary School experience?

    ResponderEliminar