jueves, 25 de octubre de 2012

Week 2 – Day of the teacher / the Ballard of the Happy Teacher.


I have just discovered a couple of days early that Teacher’s Day, is recognised by the UN, and is the 5th of October. That’s a bit of a shame as I always thought (and been told) that it was the 27th of November. I think I’m going to stick to the date that I’ve always known it to be, as it makes me happier to have a double celebration on that date, my birthday and Teacher’s Day.
With that said, I would like to focus on this entry.
The conference about the Ballard of the Happy Teacher, from Ricard Garcia, was a success, all the information he gave us about new gadgets and applications we can find on the net was so interesting that I decided I had to try some of them in my Didactic Units. Of course, I’ll edit this entry to show you all the final result.
These kinds of activities are really catchy and engaging for students, no matter what kind of learning type they have, as it’s something new, and as they prefer to use visual and interactive apps related to ICT, I think we should use them as an incentive to keep them learning and not as a substitutive of the pen-and-paper activities.

Some apps that Ricard showed us are in this pyramid, others are not, and have been replaced with new ones. I’ve checked them all and some are better designed than others, or the usability appears easier than others, but even if we could only use the ones in this pyramid, that would be more than enough.
To be a 2.0 Teacher, we do not need to use all the apps in the internet, or know every single one that appears, as there are thousands, but it will be interesting to see whether the ones we use are effective for our pupils.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario